OUR CORE VALUES
1. We value corporate worship: Our outward expression of an inward affection for God.
2. We value learning and sharing God’s Word: This allows us to be effective in the world without being overwhelmed by the world.
3. We value the leading and gifts of the Holy Spirit: The Holy Spirit inspires and empowers us to fulfill the purpose of God.
4. We value the talents and gifts in God’s people: Diversity is welcome and expected.
5. We value those lost without God: Love people when they least expect and least deserve it.
6. We value the power of prayer: We pray like it depends on God and we serve like it depends on us.
7. We value fellowship with believers and unbelievers: Our greatest influence comes through relationships.
8. We value change: Every method is an experiment; only the Word of God is everlasting.
OUR CORE BELIEFS
Parkway Christian Center has several beliefs that serve as an outline for our faith. These are the unchangeable and undeniable truths that we cling to in our Christian walk. They flavor our services, our ministries, and the lives of every believer that attends.
1. We believe the Bible is inspired by the Holy Spirit, the infallible revelation of God to man; II Tim. 3:16-17, II Peter 1:20-21.
2. We believe that there is only one true and eternal God revealed in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit; Gen. 1:26, Deut. 6:4, Isa. 43:10-11, Matt. 28:19.
3. We believe in the deity and humanity of Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, sinless life, sacrificial death on the cross to save us from our Sin nature, resurrection from the dead, and ascension back to God the Father; Matt. 1:21-23, John 1:1-2, John 3:16, Acts 1:2-3.
4. We believe in the sinful nature of all mankind and the need of salvation. Salvation is only available through the blood of Jesus Christ and believing and receiving Him as Savior; Rom. 3:23, Eph. 2:8-9, Titus 3:4-7.
5. We believe in the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit that enables believers to live a holy life. Sanctification is the process of being separated from sin and dedicated to God, which begins as an act of faith and continues throughout the life of the believer; Gal. 5:22-23, I Thess. 4:3-5, II Peter 3:18.
6. We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit, which is promised to all believers subsequent to salvation as the entrance to a spiritual realm that includes one’s prayer language (tongues), the manifestation and ministry gifts of the Holy Spirit, and the pow